Thursday, July 2, 2009

the dreaded mullet

So, as Emily and I were walking home from the bus stop this evening, I saw something that I never even knew existed on the face of the planet - it was a dreaded mullet! Oh, how terribly dreadful it is to just see a mullet, but when the said mullet is accessorized with dread locks, it adds a whole new level of dreadfulness! Could he not have just chosen whether he wanted to be the weird guy with a mullet (which went just about the whole way down his back) or weird guy with dirty dreadlocks. Thankfully, Emily got a quick picture or two of it. Check it out!! ...


Phew. Now, with that off my chest, I'll tell you more about my day! :) First off, I need to make a correction/realization concerning my post from earlier today. Emily and I went pray walking today through the Roma neighborhood. Wow! So, they do have houses, and they're basically on top of each other smooshed together. Although it's sad thinking about living like this - with little space of your very own - it's amazing how much "community" you see in such places. I love that aspect.

I met the ladies today that will be learning how to knit. Their children come to a school that's held for an hour a day with two sessions. While their children are participating in that, they sit together and converse with each other. The first group seemed extremely excited about the possibility of learning how to knit, but the second group seemed a little more reserved about it. However, I think it will still go well each time. I'm ready to get that started, but it won't be until next Tuesday. Emily was sneaky and caught some pictures while I was talking with the ladies. The lady sitting directly to my right is Gef, another missionary who serves here. She will be my translator during the knitting workshops.

(I was telling them how big Izzy is)

Here's me in the town square today.


Please pray for the Roma tonight. Pray that the husbands would be kind to their wives, the children would have a chance to truly be children and not be thwarted by the world, and that their eyes would open to the realities of Christ.

Love ya'll!



Oh yes, my camera. It's officially lost. I called the guy again today, and he said that they have found it and basically said that they won't. So, I'm pretty much extremely bummed out right now. Of course, I can use Emily's camera, but I won't have it for on the way home, but that's alright, I reckon. If anybody would like to send me one, be my guest. ;) lol - j/k

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the mullet! I'm so glad that things are going so well..you look really happy and that's great to see! :) Praying for you! Alex

    ReplyDelete